Monday, August 23, 2010

Medical Update

It's been a long summer. Nothing has gone the way "we" planned...not that that should surprise me. I'm excited for the routine of fall to return though I have enjoyed having my hubby home to help all summer and be my rock as we have struggled with this anxiety issue.

Several posts ago, I gave a laundry list of issues I'm dealing with. Since then so much has happened. We decided that we needed a second opinion based on the wisdom of dear friends. The treatment plan was going to cost way more than we could afford and friends spoke truth to us that God's plan out would not produce debt when He has called us out of debt. How we all need friends to speak truth to us!

My second opinion totally disagreed with the first. My primary doctor (yes, a 3rd opinion) handed me a prescription for anxiety and depression and told me to return in a month. In the end, through much prayer, we felt lead to seek treatments through my second opinion. She is the same naturalpath who cured my migraines a year and a half ago so we have trust in her. There is nothing like sitting in a doctors office talking over your symptoms, ect for 1 hour and 45 minutes. She listens, cares, and explains fully what is happening and what we can try. Anyone who knows me knows I am not a pill taker. I prefer to cure the root not the symptom and to do so as naturally as possible.

The naturalpath believes my adrenal glands are once again tapped out due to stress (no surprise there) and that my seretonin is off causing some depression and anxiety. So, I am on my adrenal regiment again. She has added two supplements for the mood and for the anxiety. Both seem to be working well. Anxiety is still the issue in stressful or uncomfortable situations but I am getting better. I have no clue where all this came from and look forward to the day it is gone but in the mean time, the Lord is showing me so much of my character that He needs to refine.

No comments:

Post a Comment