Monday, November 22, 2010

God Speaks

During this season of struggle so many people have questioned why we haven't put Abby into school. My answer was always simple...because God called us to home school. I hadn't heard anything different from Him so why change course?

I talked to some people who have home schooled despite poor health for all of their kids schooling and I talked to some who due to health put their kids into public or private school. Over the course of time I started to doubt my ability to home school, care for the baby, maintain the home and still be sane by days end. We looked into the cost of private school and in my mind I was weighing the options. All the while, I have been homeschooling and Abby is learning a ton (so am I). Some days are great and some not so much.

The clarity for me came this week. My HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense Association) magazine came and the feature article was about homeschooling from bed. I thought the article was going to be about snuggling up in bed reading, one of the benefits of being home. Instead, people shared their stories of homeschooling despite medical issues because that was God's call for them.

I am thankful that God provided clarity that this is His call for our family. Should the course change, He will change it. He continues to give me the strength I need everyday to do what needs to be done.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:4 & 5


No comments:

Post a Comment