Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Helping Haiti

My heart has always had a soft spot for Haiti ever since visiting the country in 2007. We have friends who have adopted from Haiti through an orphanage and I keep my eye on them, knowing that someday the Lord may call us to adopt from there as well. The orphanage is God's Littlest Angels.

I receive their prayer emails and feel a strong connection to the work they do and the precious children they help. This past week one of their own workers died and has left behind children of her own. You can read the story here: God's Littlest Angels in Haiti under July 18 & 19ths postings.

The staff at GLA is taking donations to help the kids receive an education, food, and cover the funeral costs. The thing that struck me is that if every person who is on the prayer list gives $4.13 the need is met. So, I thought I'd spread the word. Do you have $4.13? Can you skip a trip to Tim Horton's? I chose not to put money in my clothing envelope this month because really, the future of these kids is way more important than a new top. So, if you feel the Lord leading you, it's as easy as clicking a button to submit a donation....God's Littlest Angels in Haiti » Blog Archive » Exilia’s Children – How Can You Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment