Sunday, February 21, 2010

A little Jesus…

Out of Forgotten God…

Our churches are filled with “people who have added Jesus to their lives. People who have ask Him to join them on their journey, to follow them wherever they feel they should go, rather than following Him as we are commanded. Jesus did not die in order to follow us. He died and rose again so that we could forget everything else and follow Him. If all you want is a little Jesus to spiritualize your life, a little extra God to keep you out of hell, you are missing out on the fullness of life you were created for.”


Amen Francis! So many of us walk around dragging “a little Jesus” around life with us. I’m preaching to myself here too. I live for Jesus and do as He leads me yet some days I don’t make time for Him and clearly tell Him He does not have the number one place in my life. Which makes me wonder how often I am missing hearing His voice and direction.


“When Jesus calls us to take up our cross, He is doing much more than calling us to endure the daily, circumstantial troubles of life. It’s a call to radical faith. Jesus is calling us to be willing to suffer anything and forsake everything for the sake of the gospel.”


At the risk of repeating myself, I so want this radical faith kinda life. I want my back turned to the desires of this world where my eyes are only focused on Jesus and the gospel. My life as a mom in this season is so about the daily grind and to some extent that is ok. My daily grind is teaching the gospel to my children but so often it really is about dishes, laundry, and the next meal on the table.


Lord Jesus, you love me so much that you endured the cross. You know my Martha nature, fix my eyes upon you so that the things of this world will grow dim and my focus is on you and your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment