Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Drum Roll.....

I don't really want to talk about it but seeing I post my business I guess I have to post this. We heard back tonight about the adoption situation. While our papers were in route to the agency, the birth mom gave birth. Seeing she did not know there was an interested family, she has decided to parent her son. She knows that should she not be able to there is a family waiting.

Pray for Marlorie and her son. Pray that his needs are number one and that the right decisions are made. I know God's plan is perfect but really, I don't want to hear it right now. Maybe tomorrow. I don't understand the wait when we know the Lord has promised more children. I really think I'd be ok if my poor daughter didn't want siblings so bad. She cried tonight and asked why no one ever picks us. We had to explain we didn't even have a chance, we weren't rejected. God is sovereign over all. Such tough lessons for a 5 year old. Hey, tough lesson for me!

Thanks for listening to the saga. The lesson in this story is that no matter what, God is faithful. The lyrics to Mark Schultz's song stick out right now....He is, He was, He always will be. Even when it feels like there is no one holding me, be still my soul, He is.

Lord, I don't get it. I don't get being so sure of something that isn't. While I don't get it, and don't like, I will choose to trust in your character and not in my circumstances. Direct our steps as we seek what to do next. We desire to walk in your will no matter the road that it takes us down. Help my heart and my head to match up when I am doubting or having a pity party. Thank you for holding my tears in your hand and for loving me even when I doubt and question you. I know, you love me just the same.

2 comments:

  1. We ache with you, and we are praying for you and your family.
    Praying that you feel the Lord's arms wrapped around you as you go through all this WITH Him, Brandy. Though not fully understanding it all, you are right, He holds your tears in His hands. He loves you just the same. He is and He will always be...

    Those who know your name will ever trust in you,
    for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

    with love,
    Priya & Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been discovering a beautiful place called patience. Through the waiting, I have been growing so intimate with Jesus, that I'm forgetting the origination of the patience. He said:
    We can't even imagine what he has in store for those who love Him. I love Him, He's changing me, my view of His world is growing. The yearning ache is changing to a new anticipation. He has promised, He will fulfill. thanks for sharing openly.

    ReplyDelete