Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Test Me... Love, God

2 blogs in one day! I never thought I'd blog my personal business yet here I am. So I was having these doubts today or attacks after I posted all confidently. **If you don't know the story, read the previous blog first** In my head & heart I KNOW God can provide but my humanity, the super planned out self, is just struggling with the what ifs of this situation from the financial realm. In all reality, I can't attend a play date spur of the moment without it on the calendar and I have to sit back seat to needing a massive boat load of cash?

So, I'm doubting and my phone rings. Seriously? My girlfriend Brooke calls and asks "are you doubting?" I'm like yes. She says the Lord told me to call you and encourage you. Same girlfriend who dropped Malachi 3:10
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it"
in my lap Saturday drops Micah 7:7
But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me."
Yesterday the Lord gave me Joel 2:26
"will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the LORD your God, who has worked wonders for you.
Yet somehow I'm still struggling. Talk about thick skulls on God's children...at least this child!

So no joke, I get in my car right after talking to Brooke...sidenote: daughter and I made pies today to take to WWII veterans...ya'll should try it sometime. We think we are blessing them when really they bless us...ok, so in the car delivering pies and my favorite radio station is doing their fall giving campaign and what do they say....this is totally paraphrased.... the Lord tells us numerous time in the Bible not to test him, yet in one spot he says to test him...financially...Malachi 3:10...He says test Him, He will provide beyond what we think. Seriously?

Just wanted to share how the Lord reaffirms even when we doubt. How amazing is he? So friends, if the Lord gives you a word, verse, anything in your prayer time share it cause you are all a part of this final story. I love you all and covet your prayers.

Total side notes:
1. I have now noticed I love the word, "seriously?"
2. I have an obsession with "......"
3. Michelle...saw your comments. So glad Brooke told you. I was so sad to hear about the doggie...I have been praying for you guys!
4. If you don't have serious girlfriends who can intercede for you, speak truth to you, ask hard questions like "do you tithe faithfully" (thanks B), and say things like don't worry about diapers and formula...then you need to find some. No, ask the Lord for them...He has divinely given me all of you.

2 comments:

  1. you are awesome. Seriously? Yes, God has already given you so much strength. I use that word a lot too:) Be blessed.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be stong and steadfast!!

    ReplyDelete