Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In the Waiting

There is a song I have always liked. It totally applies to my life right this very minute.




Some of you who have discovered my blog know my story. My dream for a big family, the miscarriage of a child, and years of infertility. For the last almost year and a half, we have been certified as adoptive parents with no matches made yet.

On Friday, I came across a situation in Florida of a birth mom seeking a family for her son who is due to be born next week. The Lord has unfolded so much in the last few days. I inquired with the agency to find out if the mom was still looking for a family, because in my mind, how can you not pick a family if you are due next week! We prayed that if this was not for us to explore that the birth mom would have her adoption plans made and the door would close.

We heard back Sunday night that the mom has not picked a family and that we should get our documents sent right away. Our portfolio should arrive in Florida today and today or tomorrow the birth mom will be presented our paperwork for consideration.

So the cool stuff involved in this story: The birth mom and dad are Haitian. My family has dreamed of adopting from Haiti. Haiti's laws prevent us from adopting directly from Haiti for 2 more years. This child, a boy, will be Haitian American. Our church supports Haiti above any country in missions work, my daughter feeds orphaned children in Haiti. My family has a heart tie to the country of Haiti.

Why am I blogging all of this?
1. Though I am trying to stay rational because she may not pick us, I can't. I am so excited that this could be it.
2. We believe the birth mom will see our paperwork tomorrow and we have decided to "declare a holy fast" like the repentant people Joel speaks of in Joel 1:14. We'd love for you to join us in prayer and fasting tomorrow.
3. We need prayers. The birth mom needs prayers. The baby needs prayers... regardless of the end result.

Lord, we are waiting on you. We are hopeful and trusting your plan and leading. Help us not to get ahead of you as we walk this road. Lord, we will step out in obedience as you call us to. Give us strength to wait. Waiting is so hard, especially for me. Help me to keep my eyes on you, knowing you are Jehovah-Jireh and not on the circumstances. Thank you for the godly friends who speak truth and discernment into my life. They have been your instruments to me and I am grateful for their friendship. I will worship you while I wait for you are the only one worthy of my praise.


**if you haven't seen the movie that this video is from, you need to**

3 comments:

  1. Be Stong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

    Girl, Brandy I am praying for you and just believing that God will give you and your family an amazing miracle and that he will continue to bless you and give you strength.
    Keep pressing that gas pedal Brandy because I know and believe that our Lord God will continue to bless you and PROVIDE everything for you. We have to make sure we are asking for and listening to wise counsel and lining up our final destination with God's Word. But once we have, we need to press the gas pedal and go for it!!!! Lord , I just ask you to bless this family in your name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry had to put anonymous. It wouldn't let me put me name. It was just satan thinking he wasn't going to let me get my prayer into you.

    We will always win. In Jesus' name. Michele Wolny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy I was singing this song (Waiting) all day yesterday and thinking of you! Then came the awesome reminder of Revelation Song -- Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty! Jesus his name is POWER!

    Will be joining you in Prayer and Fasting tomorrow! In Christ, Sue Robertson

    ReplyDelete