Thursday, October 22, 2009

Censorship to Military

I only have a second but I don't want to forget to mention this issue at hand. This issue has been discussed many times but once again, legislation is moving forward and we the people have a chance to act.

Military chaplains are being censored for closing prayers in Jesus' name. Congressman Walter Jones is working on an amendment, H.R. 268, that "ensures that every military chaplain has the prerogative to close a prayer outside of a religious service according to the dictates of the chaplain’s own conscience.” Yes, this means prayers can be closed in any manner depending on who is praying to what god but the bigger issue is keeping the freedom to pray out of government hands. Remember my marriage post? One decision is the start of a spiral.

I encourage you to sign this petition ACLJ: Military Chaplains. It seriously takes 60 seconds if you can type (I timed myself). ACLJ has great info on this issue and many others. Check them out sometime.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Brandy! I heard the tale end of the report on the radio today and thought I should do something about that and here you are laying it all out for me. Thank you for allowing me to be a good citizen!

    ReplyDelete