Thursday, October 15, 2009

More on Me

Before I jump in to one of the many topics on my heart let me share a little more about me and my arriving at the decision to blog. I am a wife...hence my love for issues involving marriage. I am a mother and a homeschooler....hence my love for issues of the home and family. I am also a women struggling with infertility and the loss of a child...hence my love for orphans & children. All of these things are a part of who I am yet they don't define me. The definition of who I am is a Child of God....hence my love for living a life worthy of the calling.

Three weeks ago, I had the coolest opportunity yet to happen in my life. I discovered my purpose. So many people walk through this world wondering what their purpose is & how to make an impact. Life Purpose Coaching is a process of discovering the stories of your life, the gifting God has blessed you with, the strengths you posses, the passions you have. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, these are woven together to help you see & embrace your life purpose. I can't explain it in words. It was the coolest 2 days of my life. The Spirit of God literally drops nuggets of truth into your spirit. As much as I want to explain the process, you don't get it until you do it... you can read about the process here Discovering AND Embracing Your God Given Purpose. All of that to say, that I know that I am called to "encourage and prepare believers to stand for what is morally right and pure and to advocate truth to them". That is my calling. That is my purpose statement. There is so much freedom in knowing what you were made to do. There is intentionality in decisions. There is stepping outside of your comfort zone when you know it is what you are to do. There is obedience.

So, the blog? In this season of my life as a wife, mother, homeschooler and part-time worker, blogging from home on topics that I believe the Christian body needs to become aware of and act upon made logical sense. So, that my friends is what I will be doing.

Sometimes I may get on a soapbox on topics that don't have a right or wrong answer..like chemicals in plastics, pesticides on food, and where McD's really gets their meat from. These issues don't appear in the Bible. What can I say, some of these things really get me too and now this blog is my voice.




2 comments:

  1. So many of us younger women need to hear from someone who has walked the road, who has done the research on what foods have the most pesticides, and where McDonald's gets their meat. We also need to hear what God is teaching you, because you may be the medium through which He is trying to teach us. Thanks for letting your voice be heard. Youre a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share what you know about Organic and Natural Stuff.

    ReplyDelete