Sunday, October 25, 2009

Jehovah-Jireh

I love how the Lord speaks the same message over and over in multiple settings by multiple people...I don't know if it is because we are a hard headed people or to ensure our understanding of His message. I believe it is a little of both. Either way, I am so thankful for the repeated lessons and the blessing of learning what the Lord wants me to hear.

Today in Discipleship Hour at church, we discussed how God said to the Israelites, "I AM WHO I AM." We talked about how God can not be defined. He is so much bigger and greater than our biggest and greatest explanations and understandings. Lately, I have been meditating on the names of God...hence my song post last week...and 2 names stick out to me. Jehovah Rapha, the Lord who heals and Jehovah Jireh, the Lord will provide.

I didn't share anything in class as no one story jumped out at me to share. Then today happened, so here is my testimony of God as Jehovah-Jireh in my life.

Things have been stressful lately for me. Finances have gotten really tight with our flooring project needing things unexpectantly (like every project, right?), a car needs repairs, and another financial "thing" needed attention. Being on the Dave Ramsey road to no debt living, we are using cash only but it is getting tighter than my comfort zone likes and tighter than planned. So, hubby and I are having this post church chat that goes something like...

Me: I'm stressing over finances
Hubby: God is faithful
Me: Yeah, I know but I'm stressed about finances, time issues...too much for me right now
Hubby: Remember, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light" just give it to God
Me: Yeah, I get that but....

So, in to the conversation steps Jehovah-Jireh. Hubby's phone rings and he sells some stuff he's been trying to unload for the exact amount that is needed for the one "financial thing" that needed attention. Seriously? I'm surprised by this yet not surprised at all. We have been climbing out of the pit of mistakes for some time now and we see over and over again in our lives Jehovah-Jireh in regards to our financial situation.

For me, this shows God's blessings on our desire to live debt free, our efforts to climb out of debt, and His willingness, no it's His joy, to walk beside us as we struggle.

So, Fill in the blank. God is ______________. What has He accomplished in your life lately? Take the time to think about this. And if you can't answer this, ask Him to reveal himself to you. He will. He is always faithful.

2 comments:

  1. That is sooooo cool! Is our God big or what? I love this post because it is such an 'only God', 'but God', story. This builds my faith. Oh, and the term I've learned for when God speaks over and over through various speakers, verses, etc. is The Sacred Echo. God speaks in many ways, like an echo that continues to reverberate, when He really wants us to hear something. May we always pay attention to Our Sacred Echo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jehovah Shammah, My companion, (I am gonna cry), "God is beside me". And what has he done? He's held my hand, as I walked through the desert. He's given me a new circle of loving Christian friends that uphold me, pray for me, comfort me, advise me. And now He is giving me glimses in areas I have been praying for. Just opening the doors a crack, letting peak inside. Oh He is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete